Ask A Counselor About Us Addiction Information • Self Test Services Prevention Programs Resources Advocacy Special Events Get Involved The Key Newsletter NCADA In The News Success Stories Employment/ Internships
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you lose time from work due to drinking/drugging?
- Is drinking/drugging making your home life unhappy?
- Do you drink/drug because you are shy with other people?
- Is drinking/drugging affecting your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after drinking/drugging?
- Have you gotten into financial trouble as a result of drinking/drugging?
- Do you turn to people you normally don't associate with when drinking/drugging?
- Does your drinking/drugging make you careless of your family's welfare?
- Has your ambition decreased since drinking/drugging?
- Do you crave a drink/drug at a definite time daily?
- Do you want to drink/drug the next morning?
- Does your drinking/drugging cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Has your efficiency decreased since drinking/drugging?
- Is drinking/drugging jeopardizing your job or business?
- Do you drink/drug to escape worries or troubles?
- Do you drink/drug alone?
- Have you every had a memory loss as a result of drinking/drugging?
- Has a physician ever treated you for drinking/drugging?
- Do you drink/drug to build up your self-confidence?
- Have you ever been to a hospital or institution because of drinking/drugging?
Scoring: If you answered "yes" to:
- 1 of the questions, you may have an alcoholism/drug addiction.
- 2 questions, chances are that you have an alcoholism/drug addiction.
- 3 or more, you definitely have the disease of alcoholism/drug addiction.
If you think you may have a problem with alcohol or drugs, call NCADA at 314.962.3456 and speak with one of our counselors.