Ask A Counselor About Us Addiction Information Services Prevention Programs Resources Advocacy Special Events Get Involved The Key Newsletter NCADA In The News Success Stories Employment/ Internships
Parents need to be as informed as teens do about alcohol, tobacco and other drugs. It's also important for them to know about prevention and strategies they can use to support their children! Several programs are available.
Parent Education Series
Offered in three to six sessions, this series is aimed at exploring in depth some of the issues involved in parenting. Topics include: developmental stages, communication, positive discipline, building self-esteem, anger management and dealing with the use of alcohol and other drugs.
Parent meetings can be scheduled for one hour or more. Sample topics include::
- Building Assets in Youth
- Bullying: Whose Problem Is It?
- Coping with a Chemically Dependent Family Member
- Drug Specific Information (alcohol, marijuana, tobacco, ecstasy, etc.)
- Energy Drinks
- Music: The Medium & the Message
- Peaceful Problem Solving
- Prescription Drugs
- Raising a Child's/Teen's Self-esteem
- Setting Boundaries
- Signs and Symptoms of Substance Abuse
- What's Going on Today with Kids and Drugs?